Newport News Public Schools Adult Education ABE/GED and ESL classes start 9/12!
- Students may continue using their account in GED Academy through August 31 for no additional fee. Students may register for a new account in GED Academy for use through the summer for $25 as long as there are accounts available. New students should complete an enrollment in the office when they pay their fee. Students with existing accounts do not need to complete enrollment forms again.
- Students may continue using their Rosetta Stone accounts through August 31st for no additional fee. No new enrollment form is necessary since we will not be enrolling any new students into this program for the summer months.
Class registration ends February 12, 2016 for English as a Second Language (ESOL) classes, and March 1, 2016 for GED®/Adult Basic Education classes.
The passing score for the GED® test is now 145 instead of 150.
What this means for you:
- If you’ve started taking the GED® test – or are thinking about it – this is great news!
You’re more likely than ever to earn your diploma! You now have to score 145 (instead of 150) on each test subject to pass.
- You won’t see your passing status reflected on your score report until March 1.
While this score change is effective immediately, your score report won’t be updated until March 1. Just know that if you earn a 145 or higher on any test subject, you passed!
- If you scored between 145-149 on a GED® test subject in the past, your status has changed from fail to pass.
Check your email (be sure to check your spam folder too) for a message from MyGED®.
- There are now three score levels you can earn on your test.
GED® Passing Score (145-164), GED® College Ready (165-174), and GED® College Ready + Credit (175-200). You’ll see these score levels on your score report starting March 1.
Call now to register for Fall 2015 classes in Newport News!